The (Not So) Exciting Stories Of My Adventures In The Japanese Countryside...

"If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things." -Henry Miller

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Minna-san, isshyo ni nihongo wo benkyo shimashoo!!!

Ok my friends, I am in a slump.

A hideous, chi-draining Japanese language slump.

Ever since Christmas I just can't seem to find the motivation to keep going. Fortunately, my brilliant friend Justyna came up with this great idea to use my blog as a learning tool. Two words a day or so is my goal, perfectly manageable I think. I'm even throwing in a daily kanji, too, for good measure.

So, now we can all experience the joy that is Japanese language acquisition together...hurray!!!

Kyou no atarashii tango wa...

(1) mousu (verb) - to say, report (humble form)
(2) mochiiru (verb) - to use
(3) ryoken (noun) - passport

And the new kanji of the day is...



Pronounciation: I
Meaning: to depend on
Example 1: izon suru - to depend on, to rely on
Example 2: irai suru - to make a request

Kodomo-tachi wa ryoshin ni izon shitte imasu.
(My friend says this sentence may sound a bit formal for everyday usage..."tayo suru" would probably be used instead. Izon suru is often used when talking about materials, it sounds a bit technical.)

Gambatte, kudasai!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home