The (Not So) Exciting Stories Of My Adventures In The Japanese Countryside...

"If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things." -Henry Miller

Saturday, February 03, 2007

So funny - Hyde and Ken w/English Translations

I laughed so hard I cried!!! This ones for you, K and A!

My friends outside of Japan, it may be a little hard to understand why this is such a riot...here's what I think you need to know (the bare minimum anyway)to enjoy this clip:

1) Japanese variety show viewers absolutely relish in watching mainstream celebrities play silly games, perform funny skits, participate in physical competitions (where someone almost always seems to get hurt) and engage in various other acts of extreme foolishness.

2) The two guys dressed in black are from a band called L'Arc en Ciel, for which my school-girl like obsession has recently achieved fever pitch. I just love them, love them, love them; particularly Hyde, the living/breathing/walking piece of art sitting in the center.

3)Hyde is by most accepted standards in Japan considered to be the absolute epitome of cool (I'm not sure what would be his American equivalent...perhaps Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails crossed with a little Clint Eastwood???) Just watch his body language, posture, tone and facial expressions throughout this clip and you'll see what I mean. So watching him perform these ridiculous antics while still trying to maintain his usual aloof attitude an important key to this humor...

Hope that helps somewhat. Enjoy!

PS - I'm not sure what the etiquette is for giving credits to these clips...this one and the kat-tun one below are copy/paste from YouTube.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Haha! This brought a huge grin to my face. ^-^ So glad you enjoyed it.

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha, this brought a huge grin to my face! So glad you enjoyed it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home