The (Not So) Exciting Stories Of My Adventures In The Japanese Countryside...

"If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things." -Henry Miller

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The "Ikata Mobile"


I picked up my car keys from the yakuba today. Its official. I've rejoined the driving population.

The car is ugly, tiny, emits a wierd rattling sound from the dashboard, and bears a large Ikata Town logo on the side (so people know exactly where to call to complain about my driving). But its all mine.

The next time it rains, I'm gonna go out. Just because I can.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Your international driver's license is good for one year only. :(

    If you live in Japan a second year or beyond you must convert to a Japanese unten menkyo. You can't just renew your int'l one 'cause thats illegal.

    Canadians have it easy. All they have to do is some paperwork. We Americans actually have to take the test.

    I'm SO GLAD its over!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home