The (Not So) Exciting Stories Of My Adventures In The Japanese Countryside...

"If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things." -Henry Miller

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

In case you didn't know I am currently managing three blogs, each with a different purpose. Although I haven't discussed it much here, theres been a certain amount of turmoil in my life recently surrounding the issue of identity (and the ongoing deconstruction of mine over these past few years in Japan). In short, I really don't know "who I am" anymore or what it is I want for the future (and I'm not just talking about career stuff, which I never really could figure out and have now learned doesn't really define me as a person anyway).

Its pretty heavy stuff, yo! :D

I'll try to write about it more specifically soon, but in the meantime I just want to say that I've been really lucky to have some amazing people in my life - not all of them are necessarily friends either - who have shed some insight into things. Today I woke up feeling really thrilled about that.

Before I wrap this strange post let me pose this question, because I think it relates so much to my own personal identity issues: If you had to define "who you are" or "who you want to be" without ANY reference to a job, what would that description look like? As I ask myself what is most important in my life, and what it is I want to contribute to the world, I realize that sometimes the energy I expend(ed) work towards specific career goals doesn't necessarily get me there.

More to come!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What are your other two blogs?
    Christi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home